« Previous Profile :: All Profiles :: Next Profile »
Tyson W. Thompson, BA, BComm, FCA, FCGA, ACIS TEP
- Since 2004, Partner of T.W. Thompson & Co., Chartered Accountants, and Thompson, Henry & Associates, Barbados W.I., specializing in Carribean and international tax advisory services to a wide range of international, regional and Barbados clients.
- Currently since 2000, Principal Consultant with TWT Financial Services Inc. and OSS Financial Services Group, Barbados W.I. providing financial, business and tax advisory services to a wide range of international clients.
- Over 34 years past experience in international and offshore tax planning and corporate financial management and administration:
- 10 years, lecturing in taxation, auditing, financial management and accounting theory with the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (Barbados Chapter), the University of the West Indies (Cave Hill Campus, Barbados) and the Barbados Institute of Management and Productivity (BIMAP).
- 18 years, with a major international oil company, 9 years as Tax Administrator and 5 years as Chief Financial Officer based in Barbados, W.I. Responsibilities included tax, finance, credit, accounting and budgeting for 6 international subsidiaries in the fifteen of the English, French and Dutch Caribbean.
- 6 years, as audit student and senior auditor with Price Waterhouse, Chartered Accountants in Barbados.
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados Practising Certificate (FCA) and member of its Taxation Committee
- Fellow of Certified General Accountants Association of Canada (FCGA).
- Associate of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Canada (ACIS)
- Member of Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member of International Tax Planning Association
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- B.A. (Hons), University of West Indies.
- B. Comm. (Hons), University of Windsor.