« Previous Profile :: All Profiles :: Next Profile »
Edward C. Northwood, TEP
- Formed Ed Northwood and Associates in 2007; since June 2009, he has been affiliated with the general practice boutique firm of Hankins, Northwood, Roman and Wenzel PL in Boca Raton, Florida; manager of Ruchelman P.L.L.C. Toronto office, 2007 - 2014.
- Practicing in an international private client practice since 1998.
- Specializing in U.S. domestic and international tax matters involving estate planning, family business planning, charitable planned giving, trust and estate administration and compliance, and executive compensation.
- Frequent lecturer and has presented papers relating to cross border planning and compliance issues for numerous organizations, among them: the Canadian Chapter of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP); the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC); the Canadian Bar Association (CBA); the American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI-ABA); the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA); The Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU (Canada); and The Canadian Tax Foundation.
- Contributing Editor and Author of chapters on U.S. tax matters for Miller Thomson on Estate Planning, published by Carswell.
- Fellow of ACTEC, where he actively participates in the International Estate Planning Committee.
- Academician and former member of the Executive Council of The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law.
- International Tax Specialists Group.
- Toronto branch of STEP.
- American, New York State, and Erie County (New York) Bar Associations.
- Foreign Legal Consultant, as licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario).
- U.S. Tax Court
- J.D., cum laude, Law School of the State University of New York at Buffalo
- Master of Arts in Math Education, State University of New York at Albany
- Bachelor Degree from Brown University