« Previous Profile :: All Profiles :: Next Profile »
Edward C. Northwood, TEP
This email form is for general enquiries. All fields are mandatory.
After completing the form below, make sure to replicate the access code and then click Send.
- Formed Ed Northwood and Associates in 2007; since June 2009, he has been affiliated with the general practice boutique firm of Hankins, Northwood, Roman and Wenzel PL in Boca Raton, Florida; manager of Ruchelman P.L.L.C. Toronto office, 2007 - 2014.
- Practicing in an international private client practice since 1998.
- Specializing in U.S. domestic and international tax matters involving estate planning, family business planning, charitable planned giving, trust and estate administration and compliance, and executive compensation.
- Frequent lecturer and has presented papers relating to cross border planning and compliance issues for numerous organizations, among them: the Canadian Chapter of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP); the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel (ACTEC); the Canadian Bar Association (CBA); the American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI-ABA); the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA); The Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU (Canada); and The Canadian Tax Foundation.
- Contributing Editor and Author of chapters on U.S. tax matters for Miller Thomson on Estate Planning, published by Carswell.
- Fellow of ACTEC, where he actively participates in the International Estate Planning Committee.
- Academician and former member of the Executive Council of The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law.
- International Tax Specialists Group.
- Toronto branch of STEP.
- American, New York State, and Erie County (New York) Bar Associations.
- Foreign Legal Consultant, as licensed by the Law Society of Upper Canada (Ontario).
- U.S. Tax Court
- J.D., cum laude, Law School of the State University of New York at Buffalo
- Master of Arts in Math Education, State University of New York at Albany
- Bachelor Degree from Brown University