I have particular expertise in a number of specialised areas, including:
- The use of tax treaties
- Solving residence and domicile problems
- A particular area of expertise is retirement planning for Canadian residents who expect to retire outside Canada. There are many non-tax considerations when such a move is contemplated. I have accumulated a great deal of knowledge of such factors.
- Foreign tax credits
- Advising corporations and their employees on expatriation, immigration planning and employee relocation.
- Cross-border withholding taxes on dividends, interest and royalties
- Citizenship changes
- Review of international corporate structures
- Selecting and improving the quality of tax advisers in developing countries