Our valuations professionals can provide expert valuation assistance for various purposes, including
- estate planning, where a valuation is needed to carry out an estate freeze;
- death, where a deemed sale creates capital gains and fair market value must be determined;
- matrimonial purposes, to value family assets in a property division, and to determine income for support purposes;
- fairness opinions, where a company is planning to go public, is planning to go private, is purchasing another company in a takeover bid, or is entering into a related party transaction; and
- shareholder or partner disputes, where one shareholder plans to buy out another or is forced to do so pursuant to corporation acts.
- perform due diligence work and forensic accounting investigations;
- assist in professional negligence action and damages quantification (e.g. insurance claims, business and personal, expropriations, breach of contract); and
- assistance with obtaining financing.